TEN FACTS YOU NEED TO FOLLOW WHEN DRAWING A FASHION CROQUIS BY BHARATHY SIDHARTHAN
Ten facts you need to follow when drawing a fashion croquis by Bharathy Sidharthan
Croquis drawing is quick and sketchy drawing of a live model, used as a foundation for fashion designing. Croquis drawings are usually made in a few minutes, after which the model changes the pose. Below are 10 steps which aspiring fashion designers need to look into before creating their fashion.
1. Collect pictures of models from magazines, papers, photos where the shape of the body is visible.
2. Always keep in mind that humans are full of curves when drawing the croquis.
3.Start with a basic croquis, once you master this you can move on to drawing croquis with different poses.
4. Firstly, start off by drawing a vertical line of about 9 inches on the centre of the paper.
5. Next draw horizontal lines that depict the size of the head, chin, shoulder, bust, waist, hip, knee and ankle of the figure.
6. Do not worry about exact measurements as this is a free sketching exercise.
7. Thereafter, connect these shapes with vertical lines.
8. With the help of the vertical and horizontal lines that depict the figure, flesh it to make it look like a normal shape of a human being.
9. Make changes according to how you want the figure to look like, for example a hairstyle or facial feature of your choice
10. Now you are ready to draw your designer wear on your croquis!