FACTORS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN BUYING A PIANO BY SOUNDARIE DAVID RODRIGO
Factors to keep in mind when buying a piano by Soundarie David Rodrigo
Soundarie David is a musician who led the Western music scene in Sri Lanka to a new direction. She is a concert pianist, violinist and a member of Symphony Orchestra of Sri Lanka who also initiated the popular female ensemble ‘Soul Sounds’. These are her advices for the music enthusiasts those who want to purchase a piano.
1. Always check out the tone quality in its entire range.
2. Play the piano and feel the keys sink in.
3. Make sure that the piano has good key action. Very often reconditioned pianos lack this.
4. Make sure the piano does not have a dull sound, but produces a bright sound coupled with depth.
5. It is important to check with a piano technician as to whether the piano has been climatized.
6. Price is an important aspect, so if you want to buy a grand piano make sure that you are serious and passionate about wanting to pursue piano performances.
7. Make sure your piano is not just a showpiece item in your home, but a special instrument that is treated well, played on, and a part of you.